Arrl Field Day 2021
Field Day Details
How to look at the central status display of the number of contacts made by LARC participants:
- go to the webpage:http://www.va3msv.ca/larc/ hint: click on a participant’s call sign for more details
How to set up your N3FJP logging software to communicate with the central status display atva3msv.ca/larc
- see the instructions at:http://www.va3msv.ca/larc/instructions.html
How to submit results to the ARRL after Field Day is over
- see the instructions in:http://nerdpit.ca/ham/submitting-results.pdf
When I submit results, what should I put in the “Club or Group Name” section?
- we all have to use the same entry, which should be:London ARC
How can I get answers to other Field Day questions?
- Doug Elliott / VA3DAE
2020 ARRL Field Day is June 27-28
Field Day Is Almost Here!
To see the press release sent out please go here.
Field Day 2020.....not your regular Field Day
With one month to go before 2020 ARRL Field Day, June 27 – 28, the ARRL Programs and Services Committee (PSC) has adopted two temporary rule waivers for the event:
1) For Field Day 2020 only, Class D stations may work all other Field Day stations, including other Class D stations, for points.
Field Day rule 4.6 defines Class D stations as “Home stations,” including stations operating from permanent or licensed station locations using commercial power. Class D stations ordinarily may only count contacts made with Class A, B, C, E, and F Field Day stations, but the temporary rule waiver for 2020 allows Class D stations to count contacts with other Class D stations for QSO credit.
2) In addition, for 2020 only, an aggregate club score will be published, which will be the sum of all individual entries indicating a specific club (similar to the aggregate score totals used in ARRL affiliated club competitions).
Ordinarily, club names are only published in the results for Class A and Class F entries, but the temporary rule waiver for 2020 allows participants from any Class to optionally include a single club name with their submitted results following Field Day.
If you have questions on how to log and score for this years Fiedl Day, please see the ARRL FAQ here.
This year Field Day will be different.. traditionally this has been the event of the summer for the club. This summer we will not be meeting at the club station nor having the pot luck which everyone enjoys. The ARRL has outlined how the event will operate, please refer to their website and the following reference here.
In case anyone has forgotten what Field Day of the past looked like, Dave Steels VE3UZ – VE3HVZ recently provided Mike Cook, VE3ZMC with a number of pictures from Field Day 1976. Recognize anyone or anything. Yes there are the famous A-frames, they were all the rage in the 70's.
Field Day 2019 Results
Total Contacts = 692
Total Points = 993
Total Contacts by Band and Mode:
Interview with Mike Cook, VE3ZMC is here.
The core event organizers were
Matt Geddes (VE3DIZ)
Mike Watts (VE3ACW)